Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Researches believe they are once step closer to discovering the "elixir of life" in a natural occurring substance that prevents cells from dying so life could be expanded.
- A firefly retreat in Thailand draws thousands of the little critters who sit in the trees and blink in unison. But here and elsewhere in the world it appears that firefly populations are disappearing.
- What does a recession feel like? Well, if you're in Dubai you're probably too busy guzzling down endless champaign and indulging in feasts of 4,000 lobsters to notice the global financial collapse.
- Move over, Jared. Michael Phelps will be the new face of Subway.
- Software models helped facilitate the market collapse. Dependency on financial software that measured risk that firms would incur by holding certain securities has exacerbated the financial collapse.
- For those in the 1800s who wanted to see close-ups of the moon there was one solution: fake it. James Nasmyth, who invented the steam hammer, created plaster mock-ups of the moon's lunar craters during the 1870s and wowed contemporaries.