Celebrity stylist Ken Paves has expressed his gratitude to those who have sent him well wishes following an altercation with the paparazzi over the weekend, which left him bloodied.
“I appreciate everyone who has expressed concern after the incident which occurred outside of Madeo restaurant Saturday evening,” Paves said in a statement released to Access Hollywood’sBilly Bush.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Jessica Simpson
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Paves, Jessica Simpson’s stylist, was leaving Madeo with the singer when they were swarmed by a group of photographers. In the scuffle one of the cameramen allegedly hit Paves near his eye with a camera.
Paves was sent to the emergency room following the incident, but in his statement, the stylist said he is OK.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Blondes
“While I did not expect a dinner out with friends would end up with me in the emergency room and nine stitches in my head, I am fine,” his statement continued. “My only real concern on Saturday night, and it remains so in retrospect, was for the safety of my friend and all concerned.”
Paves, however, has requested that the paparazzi exercise more care in the future to avoid such instances happening again.
“I understand everyone has a job to do, including paparazzi. If I were to say anything about Saturday night, it is only to encourage that everyone would respect and care for the safety of others above all else,” his statement concluded.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Divorces
PLAY IT NOW: Jessica Simpson Performs For U.S. Troops In Kuwait
PLAY IT NOW: The Express: November 3, 2008
MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Jessica Simpson - Celebrities