Ziegfeld's/Secrets, is set to reopen on Feb. 13 at a new, larger location in Southwest D.C., according to Metro Weekly.
The club was displaced three years ago with the development of Nationals Park. Owner Allen Carroll has been preparing for the venue’s grand reopening for almost a year.
The popular nightspot made a name for itself since the original opening in 1980. Ziegfeld’s is known for drag shows and live performances downstairs and Secrets features dancing upstairs.
Both venues will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings for now. DJ Spyke will be featured as the main DJ at Ziegfeld's. Veteran DJ Darryl Strickland will perform as a regular at Secret’s, Metro Weekly reported.
Ziegfeld’s will continue to focus on bringing in top male dancers to their main stage. While, Secrets’ emphasis will be its large dance floor, where customers can get their groove on with the dancers.
The newly renovated space once served as the home of gay club Pier Nine.
To read the full article at Metro Weekly, click here
1824 Half St. SW
Washington, DC 20003
More For Locals Only
- Find a Restaurant: click here
- Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
- Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
- Eat Cheap in DC: click here
- Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
- Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
- Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
- Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here