Water Heater Caused Carbon Monoxide Release in Wheaton

WASHINGTON — A malfunctioning water heater is to blame for high levels of carbon monoxide Tuesday at PemBridge Square apartments in Wheaton, Maryland.

A carbon monoxide detector alerted a resident to the problem at the apartment building at 2318 Blueridge Ave. around 2:30 a.m.

The building was evacuated.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer said the carbon monoxide was detected in two apartments.

Fire crews traced the problem to a malfunctioning water heater on the second floor.

Paramedics evaluated 10 people on the scene, including several children.

Residents were allowed back in around 4:30 a.m.

The post Water heater caused carbon monoxide release in Wheaton appeared first on WTOP.

Read More

Copyright DC WTOP
Contact Us