WASHINGTON — The U Street Funk Parade may bring the groove to D.C., but traffic closures will bring some funky traffic conditions to the area.
On Saturday, the following streets along the parade route will be closed from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., according to the Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Transportation:
- The parade will start in the 600 block of T Street Northwest;
- Turn west on T Street to Vermont Avenue Northwest;
- Turn north on Vermont Avenue NW to U Street Northwest;
- Turn west on U Street to 12th Street Northwest; and
- Finish on U Street between 12th and 13th Streets Northwest.
The following road locations will be performance areas for the parade and may cause traffic congestion between noon and 7 p.m. on Saturday:
- 965 Florida Avenue, Northwest – Music/Dance and Beer Garden
- 1000 V Street, Northwest – Music/Dance
- 1240 U Street, Northwest – Music/Dance
- 1931 9th Street, Northwest – Music/Dance
- 625 T Street, Northwest – Music/Dance
- 1300 V Street Northwest – Children’s Activities
- Vermont Street & U Street, Northwest – Music/Dance
Find more information on the U Street Funk Parade festivities on their website.
The post U Street Funk Parade to cause street closures in DC appeared first on WTOP.