WASHINGTON — Parking around the National Mall and Tidal Basin will change this summer, as new meters and pay stations are installed.
Parking will cost $2 per hour from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week (including holidays). The 90 multispace pay stations will begin to go up around May 1; enforcement by the District is set to begin June 12.
Pay stations will accept credit cards and debit cards; payment can also be made via the Parkmobile app or website.
According to the National Park Service, the new system will allow for more frequent turnover of limited spaces, while encouraging people to use public transportation.
Effected areas include:
- Constitution Avenue NW between 15th and 22nd streets NW
- Independence Avenue SW between 15th Street and Maine Avenue
- Jefferson Drive SW
- Madison Drive NW
- Ohio Drive SW between 23rd Street SW and the Inlet Bridge
- Parkway Drive NW
- West Basin Drive SW
Parking lots that will become metered include those at:
- The Tidal Basin (off of Maine Avenue SW)
- On Buckeye Drive SW (next to the tennis courts in East Potomac Park)
- Lots A, B and C on Ohio Drive SW in East Potomac Park
The post Parking changes at National Mall, Tidal Basin set for summer appeared first on WTOP.