WASHINGTON — First responders in Montgomery County treated approximately 30 people for bee stings Thursday morning.
The chief spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services tweeted that the first responders were evaluating multiple patients with bee stings a little after 8 a.m. on Thursday. One person was transported to the hospital, but none of the injuries were life threatening.
Update — Quince Orchard HS, EMS transported 1 person, others evaluated & coordinated by MCPS, bee hive off campus, all injuries NLT pic.twitter.com/yf20J4E2Hs
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) October 12, 2017
A Montgomery County School spokesperson said it happened at Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg, Maryland, as students were crossing the street to go to school.
The Boston Children’s Hospital says that nearly two million people in the United States are allergic to bee stings, the most severe cases can result in anaphylactic shock.
WebMD suggests that people who have been stung for the first time keep an eye out for itching, or hives, swelling of the face, throat or tongue.
A map of where the incident happened can be seen below.
The post Nearly 30 people treated for bee stings at Montgomery Co. school appeared first on WTOP.