More Homes Hit by Gunfire in Prince William Co.

WASHINGTON — Three more homes were hit by gunfire over the weekend in Prince William County, Virginia, continuing a dangerous pattern that has persisted throughout the year and bringing the total number of homes hit to more than 20.

All three of the latest incidents happened on Saturday — two in Woodbridge, the other in Dumfries.

Nobody was arrested.

In September, after two homes in Dumfries were hit by gunshots, Prince William County Police Sgt. Jonathan Perok told WTOP at least 18 homes had been hit in the county since January. Most of the incidents have occurred in Woodbridge, but others also happened in Manassas and Dumfries.

“Needless to say it’s very concerning to us,” Police Chief Barry Barnard told WTOP in June.

“I don’t know that we can identify one or two singular motivations,” he said. “I think a lot of it is just reckless behavior.”

One of the difficulties police face in investigating such shootings is the fact that police are often not even told about a shooting until property damage is discovered, which may not happen until several days after the shots are fired.

There have been no injuries reported in connection with the incidents.

“It’s just been lucky that that hasn’t occurred,” said Barnard.

The post More homes hit by gunfire in Prince William Co. appeared first on WTOP.

Read More

Copyright DC WTOP
Contact Us