WASHINGTON — This weekend marks the 25th-annual Giant National Capital Barbecue Battle, and there are road closings to make way for all the finger-licking-good fun.
Closings start Friday evening and continue until about midnight Sunday:
- Pennsylvania Avenue is closed between Third and Seventh streets Northwest.
- Constitution Avenue is shut down between Pennsylvania Avenue and Third Street Northwest.
- Third Street is closed between Constitution Avenue and Madison Drive Northwest.
- Fourth Street is shut down between Pennsylvania Avenue and Madison Drive Northwest.
- Sixth Street is closed between Constitution Avenue and C Street Northwest.
Chefs from across the nation, including famous names, such as Myron Mixon and Tuffy Stone, will be competing for $40,000 in cash and prizes at the battle.
The festival includes vendors, cooking demos and free samples; more than 30 live bands and the world’s largest traveling barbecue grill.
Tickets are $12 for adults; free for children 12 and younger.
The post 25th-annual National Barbecue Battle brings road closures over weekend appeared first on WTOP.