See what the end of the world looks like and check out our list of must-reads that will have you chatting at the lunch counter, over IM or wherever it is that people actually talk these days.
- The end of the world looks a lot like suspended dust particles in space that once belonged to dying stars, claim scientists who say they've caught a glimpse of the end. New research shows that between one and three percent of white dwarfs stars -- dying "burnt-out" stars -- could at one time had their own solar systems. It is believed that Earth-like planets could have orbited the once mighty stars but have been reduced to dust.
- Today is the (unofficial) national holiday for pot. The day reportedly grew out of a ritual created by a group of Northern California teens who smoked everyday at 4:20 p.m. in the1970s. The term "420" then evolved to become shorthand for pot. But unlike in years past, pot aficionados feel the drug has become closer than ever before to becoming legalized as discussion of its legalization is an increasingly regular part of the political discourse.
- The image of Jesus has been found in a KitKat bar. The chocolate bar enthusiast who discovered chocolate Jesus did so on Good Friday: "I was amazed. I just took a bite and then I saw the face of Christ in it." Delicious.
- The Somali pirates act like Godfathers. They are flashy and throw money into homes and fancy cars -- building mansions, surrounding themselves with entourages and operating well-organized networks who handle everything form food supply to weapons.
- Miss California stumbled over her answer on legalizing same-sex marriage and then gave an answer that drew boos, cheers and prompted a fight in the lobby after the Miss USA pageant. Here's what she said: "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. ... And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that marriage should be between a man ad a woman."