CHEVY CHASE, Md. -- A fire nearly destroyed a Chevy Chase house Wednesday night.
Crews responded to 7205 Oakridge Avenue at about midnight to find the home, which was under construction, completely engulfed in flames.
The blaze proved even more difficult to fight when firefighters found dangerous electrical fires around the outside of the house, and propane cylinders in the basement.
No one was in the house at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.
Investigators are still trying to figure out how the fire started. It caused around $2 million in damages. Houses on both sides of the fire were damaged. One of those houses sustained enough damage that the family who lived there was displaced.