We know the blossoms are gorgeous, and you're being inundated by pictures of their beauty... oh, like here, here and here. But how are you translating this into actual consumption? Some ideas await you below:
- Buzz Bakery (901 Slaters Lane, Alexandria) is serving up mini cherry blossom cupcakes, made with vanilla chiffon cake, green tea or vanilla buttercream frosting, and topped with white sanding sugar and hand-formed mini cherry blossoms. They're available for pre-order only with 48 hours' notice.
- Cafe Dupont (1500 New Hamshire Ave. N.W.) has a special menu through April 10, including New York strip steak with green asparagus cherry reduction, and vanilla bean panna cotta with cherry crumble.
- Crumbs BakeShop's April cupcake of the month is the Cherry Blossom Cupcake ($4.50), vanilla cake filled with cherry preserves, topped with vanilla cream-cheese frosting mixed with cherries and topped with a candied cherry. 604 11th St. N.W.; Union Station; 2839 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington.
- Jackson 20 (480 King St., Alexandria) and the Grille at Morrison House (116 S. Alfred St., Alexandria) are serving up the Cherry Brandy Alexandria cocktail ($13) through April 10. It's made from brandied cherries, cherry-infused Woodford Reserve bourbon and vanilla ice cream, then garnished with candied cherry-wood smoked bacon. Yes, bacon.
- Poste Moderne Brasserie (555 8th St. N.W.) is featuring the Plums Blossom cocktail ($11) through April 10, made with cherry-infused sake, botanical spirit and plum soda.
- Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar (2121 P St. N.W.) is serving a Cherry Blossom cocktail through April 10. It's a tart combo of vanilla and cherry-infused Maker's Mark bourbon, sour cherry purée, and sweet and sour mix.
- It's not all about cherry blossoms, though. PS7 (777 I St. N.W.) is honoring another special Japanese export by offering a special menu of tea-infused dishes through April 10. Examples include the potato, arugula and truffle salad with Soba Cha tea gel and black garlic, and the scallop agnolotti, accented with Jasmine tea and served in a tea broth.
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters, download our iPhone app or join our Flickr group.