J.J. Abrams is boldly going to a galaxy far, far away.
While the director's new "Star Trek" reboot stays true to the traditions of the franchise, it also has a number of scenes that look, well, a lot like its sci-fi rival – "Star Wars!"
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Star Trek' Hollywood Premiere
Below, AccessHollywood.com counts down the top 10 "Star Wars"-like moments in "Star Trek," in theaters this weekend – may the Force (and a few spoilers) be with you!
10. It may not be Tatooine, but there's a hint of Luke Skywalker leaving his dry desert planet in a scene where James Kirk (Chris Pine) stands against an Iowa skyline and decides to head for the stars.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Scenes From 'Star Trek'
9. Like Vader in the Death Star, the rogue Romulan Nero (Eric Bana) attacks and annihilates planets from a giant, circular ship with an equally formidable laser beam.
8. Kirk gets stranded on an ice planet and wanders across it alone, only to be attacked by a galloping alien – did he land on Hoth?
7. Luke Skywalker didn't know much about his father, until Obi-Wan Kenobi revealed he had been a Jedi Knight (secretly, of course, he had become Darth Vader) and encouraged Luke to follow his father's lead. Likewise, it takes Captain Christopher Pike to tell young Kirk that his father was a hero as a Starfleet Captain and challenges him to do better.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Star Trek' Premieres Around The World
6. Mr. Sulu (John Cho) is a sword fighter going back to the "Star Trek" original series, but when he unsheathes his blade to fight Romulans alongside Kirk on a swaying landing above a precipitous mid-air drop, it can't help but call to mind Luke's rescue of Han Solo and Princess Leia at the opening of "Return of the Jedi."
5. Is that an Ewok, Scotty? Or R2-D2? The Scottish engineer (Simon Pegg) is joined by a miniature alien pal who provides some cute comic relief.
4. A wise old man living in a mysterious cave all by himself – Obi-Wan Kenobi? Or Mr. Spock? This is how Kirk discovers Leonard Nimoy's time-traveling Spock, who has been waiting for him after his arrival from the future.
3. The Cantina scene is one of "Star Wars"' most famous – and similarly, "Star Trek" prominently features a bar filled with aliens and a rousing fight scene.
2. Luke, Han Solo and Leia shared a love triangle that takes on new life in "Trek," when Kirk and Spock (Zachary Quinto) fight for the affection of communications officer Uhura (Zoe Saldana).
1. Kirk – I am your father! Well, not quite, but Kirk and Nero's final battle happens on a catwalk above an engineering tunnel that instantly recalls Luke and Darth Vader's fateful fight at the end of "The Empire Strikes Back."
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Leonard Nimoy Talks 'Star Trek'
PLAY IT NOW: All Access: 'Star Trek's' Spectacular Premiere!
MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Star Trek - Movies - Geek Chic - Celebrities