Forty organizations, including several military and veterans groups, will march in President-elect Donald Trump's inaugural parade.
Trump's inaugural committee announced Friday morning which groups accepted an invitation to participate on Jan. 20.
No high school or university marching band in the D.C. area will march in the parade.
News4 reported earlier this month that no D.C. public school marching bands had applied to participate, after at least one local band played in the past five parades.
Two groups from Northern Virginia will perform: the U.S. Army's Caisson Platoon from Fort Myer and the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) from Arlington.
The Caisson Platoon is comprised of soldiers on horseback who lead fallen service members to rest in Arlington National Cemetery.
The nonprofit organization TAPS serves people grieving the death of a loved one who served in the Armed Forces.
Representing Virginia farther south, the Virginia Military Institute Corps of Cadets from Lexington will participate, as well as the caissons battalion of the JROTC at Fishburne Military School in Fishburne.
Also, each branch of the U.S. military will be represented. Additional participants may be announced later.
Inaugural committee CEO Sara Armstrong said in a statement that people across the United States wanted to participate.
“People from every corner of the country have expressed great interest in President-elect Trump’s inauguration and look forward to continuing a salute to our republic that spans more than two centuries,” she said in a statement.
Trump's inaugural parade will be shorter than previous inaugural parades, inaugural committee spokesman Alex Stroman is quoted as saying in a post published Thursday on Breitbart.com
"... He’s going to have a shortened parade, and he’s going to go into the White House and get some work done before he goes to the [inaugural] balls," Stroman reportedly said.