Actor Charlie Sheen said early Wednesday that "emotion and ego" are not about to get in his way after authorities removed his twin boys from his home.
Late Tuesday night, authorities arrived at the "Two and Half Men" star's Sherman Oaks home. According to reports, a judge ordered the twins, Bob and Max, who turn 2 this month, removed because they should be returned to their mother, Brooke Mueller, who filed for divorce from the actor last month.
Outside the home early Wednesday, Sheen was asked how he felt as he watched authorities remove his children.
"On a battlefield, it's emotion and ego and panic that get in your way," Sheen said. "I've professed that I don't live in those places, and this is a time to exhibit the level of salt that I have in my soul."
Sheen to Stamos: I'm Sorry
On March 1, Mueller won a restraining order.
In a declaration (see Page 19 of court document) that accompanies her request to keep the troubled star 100 yards away from her, Mueller claims Sheen told her, "I will cut your head off, put it in a box and send it to your mom." She also claims Sheen threatened to stab her eye with a pen knife and spit on her feet, according to the document.
"I was told a restraining order was being delivered and I thought, 'OK, I can deal with that,'" Sheen said Wednesday. "And it was revealed that it was something much more serious."
The move comes at the end of a whirlwhind series of activity that has seen Sheen bombard the airways with a series of interviews and join microblogging service Twitter, where he quickly amassed 200,000 followers.
Mueller and Sheen are set to be officially divorced in May and have two toddlers together. A Los Angeles judge reportedly did not address a custody issue Mueller raised in court, on a day Sheen told an interviewer his two live-in girlfriends helped take care of the kids.
In reacting to news of the restraining order, Sheen used a term from "Star Wars." He told TMZ he was "already planning on staying 100 parsecs away" from Mueller.
Earlier Tuesday, CBS president Leslie Moonves weighed-in on Sheen's string of bizarre appearances on competing networks.
“[He’s] on the air quite a bit these days,” Moonves said, speaking after the "Two and a Half Men" star's first appearance on NBC's "Today" show.
Moonves said pulling the plug on the rest of his top-rated show's season was a short-term "gainer" for the network, E! reported.
"Doing eight [fewer] originals saves us quite a bit of money,” he said.
Sheen's First Tweets
Sheen, who reportedly plans to sue the network for $320 million for "mental anguish," has shown no sign of wrapping up his media tour.
After delivering rants via radio and TV, his new verified Twitter account gained thousands of followers Tuesday before he'd fired a single missive. Among the list of nine people Sheen is following are: Piers Morgan, Howard Stern and Alyssa Milano.
"That was pretty exciting," Sheen said of his Twitter launch. "I think the record before that was 100,000 in the first day, which I think was (Duane) The Rock (Johnson). So, sorry, Duane. We beat you by 23 times a beatdown."
Sheen's first tweet read, "Winning..! Choose your Vice..." and included a picture with him and Rachel Oberlin, a porn star and one of his two new live-in girlfriends he showed off in a second interview with "Today" on Tuesday.
Sheen called Oberlin and model Natalie Kenley his "goddesses" and said they also nanny his two young children.
In a twist, Rachel Oberlin's mother Marie Oberlin discovered her daughter’s odd living arrangements while doing laundry with the television on in the background, People reported. She said she heard Sheen saying something about a goddess, but didn’t know what he was talking about. And then she heard her daughter’s name.
“I tried calling Rachel right after that,” Oberlin said. “I wonder what he promised her…I just don’t want to see her hurt.”