Help NBC4 and Telemundo 44 feed thousands of our less fortunate neighbors this Thanksgiving by supporting our annual Food 4 Families campaign!
Our goal: Distribute 4000+ turkey baskets to our partners at local churches and synagogues, fraternal organizations, community centers, social agencies, and non-profit agencies. They in turn will distribute the baskets to needy families, seniors, veterans and other people in need this Thanksgiving.
Our fundraising goal is $80,000, or about $20 per Thanksgiving basket. All money donated is processed through the Greater Washington Community Foundation and is tax-deductible. 100% is used solely for the purchase of turkeys and vegetables.
There are many ways that you can help!
- Mail a check (made out to Food 4 Families/GWCF) to:
NBC4 — Food 4 Families
Attn: Community Affairs Dept.
4001 Nebraska Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
- Drop off canned/boxed food or monetary donations at any Trustar Bank location through Nov. 20, 2019.
- Drop off canned/boxed food or monetary donations at UM Capital Region Health Prince George's Hospital Center in the front lobby through Nov. 20, 2019. All donations will be given to Prince George's County residents in need.
- Drop off canned/boxed food to the Magnet Nurses of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's Annual Food 4 Families "Can-a-thon" at 3800 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, D.C. Their goal is 7200 cans/boxes of food in 72 hours (Nov. 18-Nov. 20, 2019).
- Donate two non-perishable food items at Tropical Smoothie and receive any 24-oz. smoothie for just $0.99 with purchase of any food item at regular menu price (excludes breakfast, kids' and side items). [Valid in cafe only at participating DC Metro locations through 11/20/19. Not valid with any other offer or discount, third party services, online orders or the Tropical Rewards® app. Limit one discount per customer, per visit. Price plus tax.]
- On Thursday, Nov. 21, drop off cash, checks and non-perishable canned/boxed food* all day long at the University of the District of Columbia (4200 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.) between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. News4 anchor Pat Lawson Muse will be broadcasting LIVE from this location all day. Other News4 and Telemundo44 anchors and reporters will join Pat throughout the day, along with personalities from the stations of Radio One: 93.9 WKYS, Majic 102.3, and Praise 104./li>
Here's what we recommend if you'd like to donate canned or boxed food:
- Canned vegetables (yams, greens, carrots, green beans, corn)
- Cranberry sauce
- Canned fruits
- Canned milk
- Peanut butter and other nut butters
- Soups (boxed and canned)
- Dry goods (stuffing, rice, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes)
Please check expiration dates before donating.
Thank you to all of our Food 4 Families partners who help us do this important work, and to our partners who help us identify the people in need who receive your donations. And thank you Together, we are Working 4 The Community!