JOIN NBC4 AND OUR SPONSORS TO SUPPORT BACKPACKS 4 KIDS
Back to school after summer vacation -- what an exciting time for children as they look forward to their new classes, seeing new friends and shopping for school supplies! However, this can be a challenge for children in need. Being prepared with a new backpack and school supplies boosts a child's self-esteem and helps him feel like a regular kid. With the help of Apple Federal Credit Union, NBC4 is collecting new backpacks and supplies to be distributed to needy students in the community.
We are collecting backpacks, supplies and donations.
Here's how you can help:
- Donate by calling the NBCWashington hotline at 202-885-4949 between 11 a.m. and noon or 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Aug. 21.
- Donate online here.
- Send a check made out to Backpacks 4 Kids to:
Backpacks 4 Kids
4001 Nebraska Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Apple Federal Credit Union is an official sponsor of Backpacks 4 Kids!
School supplies needed per backpack:
- Two packs of looseleaf notebook paper
- Two dozen #2 pencils
- Two packages of cap erasers
- Three spiral composition books
- One yellow highlighter
- Eight plain folders with pockets and brads or loose leaf binder with dividers
- One package of 24 crayons and/or one package of colored pencils
- Small pencil or supply box or zippered supply pouch
- Two composition books
- Paper glue
- Box of Kleenex
- Two packs of copy (white) paper
- 12-inch ruler