Buffalo Chicken (makes appx 32 sliders)
|Ground Chicken||4 lbs|
|Yellow Onion, minced||4 oz|
|Garlic, Minecd||1 oz|
|Egg White, from whole eggs||2 ea|
|Hot Sauce, your choice||4 oz|
|Corn Starch||4 tbsp|
|Sea Salt||To taste|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Combine ground chicken with onion and garlic in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, lightly beat the egg whites together with the hot sauce and corn starch.
- Combine chicken mixture with the egg white mixture and fold to combine.
- Season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. At that point you can either portion into 2 oz patties, or just use with a scoop to form the sliders.
Yogurt Ranch (Makes appx 1 ½ cups)
|Non-fat greek yogurt, plain||1 cup|
|Low fat buttermilk||1/3 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||1 tsp|
|Parsley, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Chives, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Powder||½ tsp|
|Onion Powder||½ tsp|
|Kosher Salt||½ tsp|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp|
- Combine yogurt and buttermilk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients using a whisk to combine.
- Check seasoning and refrigerate.
|Celery, thinly sliced||1-2 rib (appx 4 oz)|
|Carrot, thinly sliced||1 small carrot (appx 4 oz)|
|Cabbage, thinly sliced||¼ small head (appx 2 oz)|
- Combine all ingredients and toss.
Buffalo Chicken Slider with Yogurt Ranch Slaw (1 portion)
|Buffalo Chicken Slider mix||3 (2oz) patties|
|Olive Oil||To coat|
|Whole Wheat Slider Buns||3 each|
|Melted, trans fat free margarine||To toast|
|Celery Slaw||1 oz|
|Yogurt Ranch||To drizzle|
|Blue Cheese, if desired||To garnish|
- Using a heavy bottom skillet, place over medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan, should shimmer but not smoke.
- Add your patties of buffalo chicken slider to the pan and allow to sear unmoved for 2 minutes.
- Using the back side of a spatula, press the burger patty down to smash.
- Flip the burger over in the skillet.
- Continue to cook on opposite side until cooked through, 165* but still juicy.
- Meanwhile, toast the whole-wheat buns with the melted margarine.
- It is important to get the slider bun hot the whole way through and golden brown.
- If desired, add a few crumbles of blue cheese to the top of the chicken slider and allow softening and melting.
- Begin plating by tossing the celery and carrots with the yogurt ranch dressing.
- Place the chicken patties on the whole wheat buns, then top with a small amount of the slaw.
- Top with the top bun and serve.