Is your only exposure to classic cinema via whatever they choose for Screen on the Green each summer?
You don't have to wait for stiflingly humid summer nights! (Or Netflix, but we're looking for a big screen and group setting, right?) The Library of Congress' National Audio-Visual Center (19053 Mount Pony Road, Culpeper, Va.) screens three classic American movies each week.
The art deco-style theater embodies the style of movie palaces of the '20s and '30s -- with the exception of the unparalleled sound, state-of-the-art film projection and comfortable seating.
- Jan. 26: Funny Girl (1968)
- Jan. 27: Follow the Boys (1944)
- Jan. 28: King: A Filmed Record... Montgomery to Memphis (1970)
- Feb. 2: Roots: Parts 1 & 2 (1977)
- Feb. 3: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939)
- Feb. 4: Swiss Family Robinson (1960)