Muriel Bowser has announced the schedule for a series of Inaugural events to help the District usher in their new Mayor with the new year.
The inauguration ceremony and all festivities are free and open to the public. Bowser says the events are the first step in her plan for a more "open and accessible" government.
“The opportunity to serve as mayor of my hometown, the great District of Columbia, is an
unbelievable honor,” said Bowser. “[This] is the first step towards a fresh start for the District, and we want residents across all eight wards to take part in the celebration.”
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 9 a.m.– Mayor-Elect Muriel Bowser's Inauguration Fresh Start 5K
- 8 a.m. – Mayor-elect Muriel Bowser’s Inauguration Interfaith Service (First Congressional Church of Christ, 945 G Street, NW)
- 9:30 a.m. – The Inauguration of Muriel Bowser (Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW)
- 7 p.m. – Mayor Muriel Bowser’s DC Proud Inaugural Ball (Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW)
Seating for these events will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis. Tickets are required to attend the ball, and are available to residents online or by calling 202-421-8363. The ball will include musical and performance acts and surprise guest appearances.
- 2 p.m. – Mayor Muriel Bowser’s Inaugural Kids Party (Southeast Tennis and Learning Center, 701 Mississippi Avenue, SE)
Tickets are required to attend the party. Tickets will be available to residents online or by calling 202-421-8363. The party will include musical and performance acts, fun activities and refreshments.
Updates and additional information on how residents can volunteer and contribute can be found on the official Inauguration Weekend website.