What to Know
The Metro will not be staying open until the end of the games. It may be best to find alternative transportation.
Limited tickets can be purchased online.
There are plenty of options for food and drink at and around the stadium.
One team, one pursuit! As postseason begins, it's time to see the Nats in action against the Los Angels Dodgers.
Whether you've been cheering all season long or are looking to visit the ballpark for the first time, here are some tips for planning your trip to one of the upcoming National League Division Series (NLDS) games.
In order to get access to postseason tickets, fans must either sign up for email updates or make a $200 deposit for a season membership and tickets for the 2017 season.
The deposit comes with other perks, such as guaranteed access to tickets for next season's opening day. Find more information on getting tickets here.
Kids younger than two do not need a ticket if they are sitting on the lap of a parent.
What's the NLDS schedule?
- Friday, Oct. 7 at 5:30 p.m. -- Nats Park
- Saturday, Oct. 8 at 4 p.m. -- Nats Park
- Monday, Oct. 10, time TBD -- at Dodgers
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, time TBD -- at Dodgers
- Thursday, Oct. 13, time TBD -- Nats Park
Before you leave:
Bring your best cheering voice but leave noisemakers at home. They will not be allowed in the park.
Pack a water bottle. You can fill it up at one of the many water fountains at the park.
Fans may bring smalls cooler with food, but keep everything in plastic bags. Containers are not allowed in the stadium.
Getting to the Game:
Transportation may be tricky, since Metro will not be extending their hours for postseason games.
If you want to catch the full game, you may have to plan ahead. You can personalize your trip with Nationals Park's interactive transportation map.
- Metro: Riders can catch the last train to Greenbelt with transfers to the Red Line at 11:17 p.m or without transfers at 11:40 p.m. If you're heading toward Branch Avenue, you have until 12:17 a.m. to get a train.
- Bus: The Union Station-Navy Yard Circulator bus will run until midnight. Fans can get dropped off at the M Street and New Jersey Avenue SE entrance to the Navy Yard Metro Station. The bus costs $1 and arrives every 10 minutes.
- Bike: If you're rolling in on bike, take advantage of the stadium's free bicycle valet service. There are also four Capital Bikeshare stations nearby.
- Car: Before driving to the park, check the parking map and prices online here.
- Carpool: Why not try carpooling? The CarpoolNow App allows riders to coordinate free rides in the D.C. area. You can find more information here.
- Taxi: Uber or Lyft are always options, but a large crowd will probably mean hefty surge prices. A taxicab stand is located on the north side of M Street SE between South Capitol and Half streets SE. Taxis will be available for 30 minutes after the end of the game.
- Watertaxi: If you'are coming from Alexandria, you can take the Potomac Riverboat Company's baseball boat to and from the stadium. Book your tickets in advance online here.
Notable Food and Drink:
Order ahead, and you can get a burger and a beer or soft drink with your ticket. You can order the Bud and Burger Pack online here.
Families can order a meal combo that includes a hot dog, bag of chips and a soft drink with each ticket. Preorder a Harris Teeter Family Fun Pack online here.
The Nats Dogs Value Pack will get you a hot dog, chips and a drink for $8.
Other locally based favorites at the stadium include Ben s Chili Bowl, Chesapeake Crab Cake Company, District Drafts and the Georgetown Grill.
At the game
If you arrive early, watch batting practice from the center field stands, get a beer at The Bullpen just outside the stadium, or try to snap a picture with one (or all!) of the Racing Presidents.
Visitors with small children may request child I.D. bracelets with seat locations at guest services.
After the Game
Win or lose, keep the night going by checking out a nearby bar or restaurant such as:
- Aqua 301
- The Bullpen at the Fairgrounds
- The Big Stick Brats and Brew
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
- Osteria Morini
- Willie's Brew and Que