There will be numerous road closures around the D.C. area because of local weekend events.
Taste of DC
Friday through Monday, motorists should be on the lookout for street closings in the festival area, including:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 9th to14th Street Northwest
- 10th Street, NW between E Street & Constitution Avenue Northwest
- 11th Street, NW between E Street, NW & Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
- 12th Street, NW between E Street, NW & Constitution Avenue Northwest
- 13th Street, NW between E Street, NW & Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Road closures will begin at 7 p.m Friday and end at 2 a.m Monday.
Columbia Heights Day Neighborhood Festival
On Saturday the following streets will be closed from 7 a.m. and should reopen by 8 p.m.:
- 11th Street from Park Road to Kenyon Street Northwest
- Lamont Street from 12th Street to Sherman Avenue Northwest
Roads will be closed along the race route from Sunday at 7:30 a.m.and should reopen by noon.
The race begins along Washington Boulevard (Route 27) in Arlington, Virginia, and continues along the Arlington Memorial Bridge into D.C.
- Crossing the Arlington Memorial Bridge around Lincoln Circle to Henry Bacon Drive
- East on Constitution Avenue, NW
- North on 19th Street, NW
- West on Virginia Avenue, NW
- South on Rock Creek Parkway, NW to Ohio Drive, SW
- East on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will take the Westbound side)
- South on 7th Street SW
- Right on Maryland Avenue SW
- Right on 9th Street SW
- West on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will stay on the left side)
- South on 14th Street, NW to Interstate 395
For more information please visit the Army Ten-Miler website.