Metro is asking riders to comment on numerous proposals to change Metrobus routes, including service to airports, National Harbor in Maryland and other popular destinations.
Metro is considering changes to bus routes that serve both Washington Dulles International Airport and Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
Another change is proposed for the NH1 route to National Harbor. That route currently links with the Branch Avenue Metrorail station in Prince George's County. But it could change to travel over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to Alexandria's King Street and Eisenhower Avenue Metrorail stations. That would establish a transit link between Alexandria and National Harbor.
Metro is asking for comments in an online survey through Sept. 24.
Six public hearings are being held this week at 6:30 p.m. in D.C., Maryland and Virginia at the following locations:
- Oxon Hill Library, 6200 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, Md.
- Bailey's Elementary School - Cafeteria, 6111 Knollwood Drive, Falls Church, Va.
- Shirlington Library, 4200 Campbell Avenue, Arlington, Va.
- D.C. Dept. of Treasury, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 1101 4th Street SW, Washington, D.C.
- The Atrium at Treetops, 8181 Professional Place #200, Hyattsville Md.
- LaSalle Elementary School - Auditorium, 501 Riggs Road NE, Washington, D.C.