This week’s Deal of the Week is a one-bedroom condo in Brightwood that may be the perfect unit for a first-time buyer who actually wants to see a dent from the $8K tax credit. As we mentioned in a post not long ago, the tax credit is only really noticeable in areas where sales prices are particularly low (like Las Vegas). Well, at $225,000, the credit will account for about 3.5 percent of the sales price of this unit. The sunny corner condo has windows everywhere, all new appliances and finishes, washer/dryer and central A/C. While public transportation options are limited, parking is only an extra $75 a month, a price we factored in below. More photos and info below. For the full listing, click here.
5754 Colorado Ave. N.W., #101 (see map here)
- Price: $224,900
- Bedrooms: One
- Bathrooms: One
- Square Footage: 650
- Price per SF: $346
- Year Built: 1938
Here are some monthly payment calculations based on a 20 percent down payment and a 30-year fixed rate mortgage at 4.98 percent.
- Loan Amount: $179,920
- Principal and Interest: $964
- Monthly Fees: Approximately $187
- Est. Insurance: $50
- On-Site Rental Parking: $75/month
- Total Monthly Payments: $1,276
More recent articles about D.C.-area real estate from UrbanTurf:
- Yoga, Poker, Wine and Cheese: The Community Building Events of Area Condos
- Still Priced Out of D.C.'s Tonier Neighborhoods, Buyers Head East
- The Best New Listings in the D.C. Area: The Capitol Hill Edition
Copyright 2007-2009, UrbanTurf.