Sick of the post-work mad dash to walk the dog before heading out to have fun? Meh. Dog-friendly happy hours and other events continue to multiply, which means you don't have to leave the fur kids alone at home this summer. Check out some of your options:
- The Sunday Dog Brunch at Acadiana (901 New York Ave. N.W.) includes a New Orleans-style brunch for $29 (for people), while canines can choose a treat from the "Dog Day" menu. Sundays, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Adams Mill Bar & Grill(1813 Adams Mill Road N.W.) has $3 drafts for humans, plus treats from Doggie Style Bakery for the four-legged set. While official doggie happy hour is Friday, dogs are always welcome on the patio. Fridays.
- Alexandria Potomac Riverboat Company sails a Canine Cruise for a 40-minute tour of Alexandria's seaport. Dogs ride free; human tickets are $15. Dogs must be on a six-foot flat leash. Thursdays, 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Art and Soul (415 New Jersey Ave. N.W.) has a decadent Pooch Patio Menu every day throughout the summer, offering Raw Deal frozen raw bones, "Happy Puppy" three-ounce grilled steaks and more. Dog-friendly desserts include homemade doggie granola treats. Daily when patio is open.
- The new spring bar menu at Jackson 20 (480 King St., Alexandria) includes soft pretzels with pimento cheese and brown mustard ($9), house-made tater tots with a trio of ketchups ($6) and shrimp fritters with comeback sauce ($8) -- for humans, that is. There's plenty of water and dog biscuits for the pooches. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-8 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Jay's Saloon & Grille (3114 N. 10th St., Arlington) includes water, treats and games for dogs. Happy hour specials for peeps include $2 Budweiser and Coors Light bottles, $1.50 drafts, $7 pitchers and $2.95 glasses of wine. One Sunday per month, 1-4 p.m.
- The National Museum of Crime & Punishment hosts a Yappy Hour at Larry's Lounge (1836 18th St. N.W.), where dogs get free "Mutt Licks" (dog ice cream) from Doggie Style Bakery. McGruff the Crime Dog will also be there to bring attention to crimes against pets. Organizers will raffle off free tickets to the National Museum of Crime & Punishment. Wednesdays, 4-8 p.m.
- Pat Troy's Ireland's Own (111 N Pitt St., Alexandria) hosts a happy hour complete with a canine-friendly menu. Dogs can nosh on chopped chicken or burger, lamb or beef stew ($3.95 each), and each dish comes with a bone. Humans get half off all appetizers and drinks. Weekdays 4-7 p.m.; no cover.
- Yappy Hour at the Arlington location of Rocklands(3471 Washington Blvd., Arlington) includes treats, toys and an occasional barbecue goodie for the fur kids. Thursdays 5-7 p.m.
- Pooches on the Patio at Union Pub (201 Massachusetts Ave. N.E.) has mini corn dog appetizers for $5. Just remind your doggeh that it's not a real dog in there. Saturdays, noon-4 p.m.
Let's go Around Town: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and find out What You're Doing Tonight with texts delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCTONIGHT to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.) Don't forget our iPhone app!