The next time you take your hard-earned money out to eat, bring it to a place that is supporting a good cause. On Thursday, March 5th, "stand up by sitting down" with Dining Out For Life. By eating out, you can help support people fighting HIV/AIDS, as well as their family and friends. As a part of the event, over 150 restaurants will donate 25 - 100% of their proceeds to Food & Friends. Freddie's Beach Bar and Restaurant, Posto and Ristorante Tosca deserve big kudos for promising early to donate 100%.
Food & Friends, founded in 1988, provides home-delivered meals and friendships to people living with HIV/AIDS, and is the only nonprofit in D.C. providing the service. They provide care and support for family members and friends, while also promoting self-succifiency. They provide these services free of charge. Since the Discrict's rate of HIV/AIDS is one of the highest of any major metropolitan areas, Food & Friends services are badly needed, as is the support of local diners.
Sit down to stand up and do what you can to fight the HIV/AIDS empidemic.
To view participating restaurants, visit http://www.diningoutforlife.com/washingtondc/participating. You can make reservations through Open Table.
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here