Grilling ideas from Peacock Cafe Chef Maziar Farivar.
Recipe serves two
- 2 5-6 oz. cuts of filet mignon
- 2 cups of couscous
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus
- 1 cup good olive oil, to be used throughout
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 table spoon cracked peppercorn
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 table spoon butter (optional)
Preparing the Couscous:
- Bring 2 cups of salted water to boil. Pour couscous in the pot while stirring. Cover the pot and set aside for 7-8 minutes. Once the water has absorbed, fluff the couscous with a fork and drizzle 2 tsp of olive oil on top.
Preparing the Fillet:
- Brush the filet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. For medium rare meat, grill the file ts for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Preparing the Asparagus:
- Brush the asparagus lightly with olive oil and grill for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
Preparing the sauce:
- Gently saute the diced shallots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle cracked peppercorn and pinch of salt on top. Pour the red wine and allow it to reduce to 1/2 or 1/3 of it's original volume.
Optional: Finish with butter.