In conjunction with this week’s Scripps’ National Spelling Bee, ESPN Zone (555 12th St. NW) has created a sports focused spelling competition of its own.
Think more booze, less formality.
Oh, and when you spell something wrong, they’ll probably sound an airhorn, instead of dinging that wussy bell like at Scripps.
Think you’re ready to slam-dunk the competition? Well, we've put together a little pre-test so you can assess your spelling skillz. After all, we don’t want anyone to look like those bumbling, sweaty-palmed preteens on stage at Scripps.
Here’s what should make ESPN Zone’s spelling list:
- Boubacar Aw (Can you use it in a sentence, please?)
- Mike Krzyzewski(Sha-Shef-Ski. Is there another pronunciation?)
- Tshimanga (Tim) Biakabatuka (Easy. Just sound it out.)
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh (We don’t even want know what T. J. stands for.)
- Guillaume Latendresse (Don't make us get etymology involved. Not fair!)
- Dwyane Wade(Is it just us, or did his mom make a typo?)
555 12th St. NW