The Wounded Warriors softball team is in town for an exhibition game against local celebs at National's Park.
The team, composed of amputee veterans, generally trounces all comers. A bevy of the area's media personalities and celebrities step up as the next victims.
The celebrity team will include:
- Mary Amons of the Real Housewives of D.C.,
- WRC's Dan Hellie
- Ward 2 councilmember Jack Evans
- Miss Maryland 2011 Allyn Rose
- Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak
- Washington Post columnist Mike Wise
- Tony Reali, of ESPN's Around the Horn
- Chef Mike Isabella of Graffiato
- Ward 6 councilmember Tommy Wells
Many more will also take part in the event, although organizers note celebrity participants may drop out without notice.
Fans who want to attend must have a valid ticket for the Sept. 4 game, which are on sale through a special ticket link at nationals.com/woundedwarriorsoftball.
Organizers say for each $20 ticket purchased through the link, $5 will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team. The $20 tickets will also be available at the box office upon request on Sunday, Sept. 4. For more information on the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team, visit www.woundedwarrioramputeesoftballteam.org.