At Nats Park after the Nationals game against the Mets, the Wounded Warrior softball team will take on a team of local celebrities.
The Wounded Warriors softball team is in town for an exhibition game against local celebs at National's Park.
The team, composed of amputee veterans, generally trounces all comers. A bevy of the area's media personalities and celebrities step up as the next victims.
The celebrity team will include:
- Mary Amons of the Real Housewives of D.C.,
- WRC's Dan Hellie
- Ward 2 councilmember Jack Evans
- Miss Maryland 2011 Allyn Rose
- Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak
- Washington Post columnist Mike Wise
- Tony Reali, of ESPN's Around the Horn
- Chef Mike Isabella of Graffiato
- Ward 6 councilmember Tommy Wells
Many more will also take part in the event, although organizers note celebrity participants may drop out without notice.
Fans who want to attend must have a valid ticket for the Sept. 4 game, which are on sale through a special ticket link at nationals.com/woundedwarriorsoftball.
Organizers say for each $20 ticket purchased through the link, $5 will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team. The $20 tickets will also be available at the box office upon request on Sunday, Sept. 4. For more information on the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team, visit www.woundedwarrioramputeesoftballteam.org.