What You're Doing This Weekend
Super Bowl specials, Alexandria Boutique Warehouse Sale
What are you doing this weekend? We offer you a starting point:
- D.C. Meat Week wraps up its a belly-busting roster of dining events scheduled for each night of the week. The weekend features eats from Memphis BBQ, Mr. P's Ribs and Fish and Rocklands. See complete schedule here.
- The Humphrey Bogart film festival is running all weekend at the Museum of American History (Constitution Ave. between 12th and 14th streets). Catch Casablanca (Fri. 7 p.m.); the Maltese Falcon (Sat. 1 p.m.) and more in the Warner Bros Theater. See complete schedule here.
FRIDAY, FEB. 3:
- Funny man Demetri Martin is hauling his stand up tour, Telling Jokes in Cold Places, to the Warner Theatre (13th and E streets NW). The New York comedian is best known for his show "Important Things with Demetri Martin" on Comedy Central. 8 p.m.; $47.
- End your work week on high note by taking in D.C. Shorts Laughs at Riot Act (801 E St. NW). This festival runs through Saturday and features a combination of film and live performances that are sure to keep you laughing all weekend long. Each show includes 6-8 films and two stand-up routines from some of the area's best comics. There are five different showtimes to choose from (see website for details). Fri. 7 and 9:30 p.m.; Sat. 5, 7:30 and 10 p.m.; $15.
- WMZQ presents Girls With Guitars and a Piano Man at the Fillmore Silver Spring (8656 Colesville Road, Silver Spring). Enjoy an evening of acoustic country sounds from Phil Vassar, Sara Evans, LeAnn Womack, Sunny Sweeney and Joanna Smith. 8 p.m.; $13 general admission ($3 will go to the American Heart Association for Heart Health Month).
SATURDAY, FEB. 4:
- Some of the best boutiques in Alexandria are slicing their prices for one day only during the Alexandria Boutique Warehouse Sale. Visit their Facebook page for the chance to be admitted before anyone else. Participating boutiques include Treat, Apple Seed, Mint Condition and the Shoe Hive. The sale is held at the George Washington Masonic Memorial (101Callahan Drive, Alexandria, Va.), with discounts up to 80 percent. 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.; free admission.
- Take a free all-levels yoga class at Circle Yoga (3838 Northampton St. NW). Donations will be accepted at the door, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the yoga instructor's charity of choice. No advance registration. 12:30-1:30 p.m.; donations suggested.
SUNDAY, FEB. 5:
- Café Saint-Ex (1847 14th St. NW) hosts a Beer Bowl during the Super Bowl. Beer specials feature brews from each of the teams' hometowns: Samuel Adams Boston Lager from New England and Brooklyn Lager from New York. Get $15 pitchers and $4 pints, plus enjoy a special Super Bowl menu. Early game-watchers will get free beer glasses from each of the breweries. Specials start at 5 p.m.
- Commissary (1443 P St. NW) hosts a quarterbacked-themed Super Bowl bash. Choose entrees inspired by players like the Tom Brady (a barbecue pulled pork sandwich with roasted vegetable coleslaw) and the Eli Manning (chorizo gravy and cheese fries). Happy hour drink specials 4-10 p.m.
- The new Fuel Pizza (1606 K St. NW) pits a Patriots Clam Bake Pizza against a Giants' Nonna's Lasagna Pizza. Plus, attendees can compete in the To Hell & Back wing-eating contest featuring Fuel's "@#@$%@ Wings" -- you have 10 minutes to eat as many hot wings as you can with no water and no condiments ($10 to enter; winner gets $100). Drink specials include $3 frozen margaritas and $3 frozen spiked lemonades. 4:30-11 p.m.
- El Centro DF (1819 14th St. NW) hosts its Super Bowl party on its year-round rooftop. Drink specials include $4 margaritas, Mexican beers, red and white wines. Specials begin 5 p.m.
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters.