The Tombs’ close proximity to Georgetown University sets the scene for this restaurant and bar. On any given day, you can expect to find a sizable number of students and faculty members. Crew and sporting memoribilia from the school add to the college atmosphere.
Hoya fans can be spotted at the Tombs after home games. It’s also a popular spot for watching the games on television. However, it is not uncommon to see Jesuits and tourists.
The saloon hosts numerous events throughout the week. Weekly trivia nights allow participants to compete for prizes. On Wednesdays Georgetown students file in for the popular 80's Night. Fridays and Saturdays are be celebrated with a DJ and dancing. As the week draws to a close half price bottles of wine are available from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Sundays.
Classic American fare comes in the form of burgers, soups, salads, and house made desserts. Butternut Squash Agnolotti and Veal Stew are a couple of the more upscale entrees available.
The Tombs is owned by the Clyde's restaurant group. It is located below 1789 restaurant.
1226 36th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here