Halloween 2011: Spooked-Out Movie Screenings
Scary Movie Screenings in the D.C. Area
Terrifying, terrifying popcorn.
Dark nights, spooky noises, crazy costumes and ghost suits, it’s that time of year again and D.C. is back with a month full of movie screenings and shows that will probably keep you trying desperately not to scream and humiliate yourself in front .
Check below to see which local theaters are getting in the Halloween spirit:
- Black Cat Backstage (1811 14th St. N.W.) offers up Friday Night Frights throughout the month of October, featuring two episodes of "Tales from the Crypt" and drink specials each week. Doors 7 p.m.; no cover.
FRIDAY, OCT. 14 – SATURDAY, OCT. 15:
- Have an interactive movie experience with live performances of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at Landmark E Street Cinema (555 11th St. N.W.), and don’t be afraid to respond to the on-screen action while doing so. They'll probably make you, anyway. $11 general admission; midnight.
FRIDAY, OCT. 14 – MONDAY, OCT. 31:
THURSDAY OCT. 20:
- Catch "Shaun of the Dead" with the Comedy Film Bucket List Meetup group at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse (2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington). Go hungry, because you can be served food and drinks right in your seats. Doors 6:30 p.m.; movie 7:30 p.m.; RSVP here for free admission; otherwise $3.
FRIDAY, OCT. 21:
- Buckle up for a screening of one of the most graphic horror films of all time, "Zombie," at Landmark E Street Cinema (555 11th St. N.W.). Considered to be the unofficial sequel to "Dawn of the Dead" in Italy, and banned as obscene in England, the flick will try to take your gruesome intake level to new heights. $11 general admission; midnight.
SATURDAY, OCT. 22:
- The annual Silver Spring Zombie Walk will end at the AFI Silver Theatre (8633 Colesville Road, Silver Spring), with zombies packing the seats for a screening of horror flick "Dead Snow." Walk begins 8:45 p.m.; free. Movie begins 9:45 p.m.; $11.
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters.