Our Ultimate V-Day Guide
So Much Love, You'll Almost Hate It
Friday, Feb 11, 2011 | Updated 5:15 PM EST
DATE IDEAS AND EVENTS:
- Off-kilter date ideas from dating site How About We get matched up with local venues. Get eight unexpected date ideas here.
- Love is in the air at D.C.'s eateries, but make your reservations fast. Check out the Feast's guide to sweet V-day dining.
- There are plenty of ways to say 'I love you' -- but with a mouth crammed full of whoopie pie? On Friday, Feb. 11, Zola Wine & Kitchen hosts a whoopie pie eating contest for lovebirds who don't mind saying it with their mouths full. Get the details at The Feast.
- Bar Pilar (1833 14th St. N.W.) hosts an Anti-Valentine's Day Party, complete with bitter cocktails and sour desserts. Drown your sorrows in drinks like the Hater ($9) with Segura Viudas Aria Cava and Campari or The Pierced Heart ($12) with Remy Brandy, Jagermeister, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram and orange-clove syrup.
- Tabaq Bistro (1336 U St. N.W.) goes the hopeful route, with two sessions of speed-dating, with check-ins at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 11. The night benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Cupid's Undie Run is Saturday, Feb. 12. See the brave and impervious-to-cold strip to their skivvies for a good cause. More details here.
- Againn (1099 New York Ave. N.W.) celebrates Anti-Valentine's Day on Sunday, Feb. 13 with a special menu 6-9 p.m. for $40. Appetizer options are saffron-mussel bisque or house-made black pudding; entrees are salmon or pork, and desserts are banoffee pie or spotted dick.
GIFTS AND STYLE: