Yep, they're still making those Bourne movies!
The fourth installment of the series, previously starring Matt Damon, is filming in D.C. today, no matter how incomprehensible the third one was.
Today's filming, slated to run between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., will take place in various locations in Northwest and Northeast D.C., the District of Columbia Office of Motion Picture and Television Development announced today.
Areas affected by the filming office include:
- H Street NW between 18th and 19th
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW (north side) between 18th and 19th
- N. Capitol Street NE between H and K
- K Street NE (south side) between N. Capitol and 1st
- T Street NW (south side) between Connecticut and Florida
- Connecticut Avenue NW (south side) between Florida and T
Don't expect to see Matt Damon, though -- the new movie stars Jeremy Renner ("Hurt Locker"). Damon had said that he wouldn't do another Bourne film without director Paul Greengrass, who had decided not to return.
The Universal Pictures production based on the Robert Ludlum novels will feature Jeremy Renner ("Hurt Locker") in the lead character.
The new movie, tentatively titled "Marcher," will be released in 2012.
There are nine Bourne novels, with a 10th due next year, so we could be facing down a lot more Damon-less flicks.