Find Your Fireworks
- National Mall: Admission for A Capitol Fourth begins 3 p.m.; concert 8-9:30 p.m.; fireworks at dusk. More info here.
- Annapolis: Parade leaves 6:30 p.m. on Amos Garrett Boulevard, turns right West Street, around Church Circle, down Main Street and turns left on Randall Street to the City Dock. The Naval Academy Concert Band will perform at Susan Campbell Park at City Dock. Fireworks will begin somewhere between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Rain date July 5.
- Gaithersburg: Montgomery County Fairgrounds (16 Chestnut St., Gaithersburg). 5 p.m. gates; 7 p.m. entertainment featuring Appaloosa; fireworks at9:25 p.m. Rain date July 5; fireworks only.
- Germantown: Germantown Recreational Park (18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds). Food vendors on site. 7 p.m. live music; 9:15 p.m. fireworks.
- Kensington: Einstein High School (11135 Newport Road, Kensington). Food vendors on site. 7:30 p.m. entertainment; 9:15 p.m. fireworks.
- Rockville: Montgomery College, Rockville Campus (51 Mannakee St., Rockville). Additional parking at Rockville Town Center. 7 p.m. live music including Fugitive Brass Quintet and Wes Tucker & the Skillets; 9:30 p.m. fireworks.
- Six Flags America: 13710 Central Ave., Mitchellville, Md. Fireworks at dusk over Hurricane Harbor, both July 3 and 4. Park admission $34.99-$54.99. Order online for discounts.
- Takoma Park: Takoma Park Middle School (7611 Piney Branch Road, Takoma Park). Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Carroll and Ethan Allen avenues, follows Carroll Avenue south, crosses over to Maple Avenue along Carroll Street, and then returns along Maple Avenue. Noon-6 p.m. community barbecue at Lincoln and Maple avenues. 2:30 p.m. wiffleball tournament. 7 p.m. evening entertainment and raffle drawing. 9:30 p.m. fireworks.
- Falls Church: George Mason High School (7124 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church). 7 p.m. entertainment; 9:20 p.m. fireworks. Rain date July 5.
- Fairfax: 10 a.m.-noon parade leaves from 4020 University Drive through the Downtown Fairfax Historic District; 12:30 p.m. Old-Fashioned Fireman's Day (4081 University Drive) with a firefighter competition, food and games. Evening show starts at 7 p.m. music at Fairfax High School (3501 Rebel Run, Fairfax); 9:20 p.m. fireworks. (Rain date July 5; fireworks only.)
- Herndon: Herndon Community Center (814 Ferndale Ave., Herndon). 5 p.m. small rides for kids open; 6:30 p.m. games, crafts and music; 9:30 p.m. fireworks.
- King's Dominion: (16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell). Independence Day celebrations and fireworks. Theme park admission $36.99-$58.99; fireworks at dark.
- McLean: Langley High School (6520 Georgetown Pike, McLean). Music, food and games. 6 p.m. gates open; 7:30 p.m. Last Train Home performs; fireworks at dark.
- Reston: Lake Fairfax Park: (1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston). Park opens at 7 a.m.; water park open 10 a.m.-8 p.m., but usually reaches capacity by noon. Petting zoo and pony rides from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Fireworks 9:15 p.m.
Looking for some swankier and/or more bar-focused events for the July Fourth long weekend?
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, sign up for our e-mail newsletters, download our iPhone app or join our Flickr group.