Faux fur throws on the beds, leopard-print robes in the closets and a private couple's massage. Sexy? You bet. They're also some of the reasons the Hotel Palomar in Washington, D.C.
, made the top 10 list of sexiest hotels in the United States, according to TripAdvisor
With crocodile-sculpted carpeting on the floors, faux fur throws on the beds and leopard-print robes in the closets, this is an ideal spot for romantics to say “Grrrr, Baby!” Travelers can even indulge in “The Art of Celebrating Romance” package, featuring a body paint set, chocolate covered strawberries and a private couple's massage. As one traveler writes, “The Hotel Palomar is great for a sexy tryst or rendezvous.”
The company said it came up with the "sexy index" by calculating the number of times that travelers used the term "sexy" in their TripAdvisor
So, if you're looking for some va-va-voom for Valentine's Day or any other time of year, these hotels offer a sexy sanctuary:
- Night Hotel, New York City, New York, Average Nightly Rate: $251
- Hotel Max, Seattle, Washington, Average Nightly Rate: $167
- Hotel Palomar, Washington, D.C., Average Nightly Rate: $346
- Hotel Lucia, Portland, Oregon, Average Nightly Rate: $156
- The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, Average Nightly Rate: $197
- The Setai, Miami, Florida, Average Nightly Rate: $826
- Hotel on Rivington, New York City, New York, Average Nightly Rate: $393
- Glenn Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia, Average Nightly Rate: $253
- The Library Hotel, New York City, New York, Average Nightly Rate: $338
- James Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, Average Nightly Rate: $246
“Whether couples are looking for a great value Valentine’s getaway or a once-in-a-lifetime luxury escape, TripAdvisor travelers recommend these hotels for a memorable romantic retreat,” said Christine Petersen, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.