Cinco de Mayo Dining and Drink Specials
Early-morning margaritas, late-night club bashes, deals on Mexican eats
Whether you're looking for an early-morning margarita, a late-night club bash, or deals on Mexican eats, our picks for Cinco de Mayo have you covered.
- For all 12 hours that Asia Nine (915 E St. NW) is open, there will be free-flowing tequila shots and margaritas, including Tequila Sunrises and berry margaritas. Score specials on Singha Beer and Sake Bombs as well. Noon-midnight; no cover; drinks $4-$7.
- All-you-can-eat Mexican comfort food? Sounds like a good deal to us! At El Centro D.F. (1819 14th St. NW), nom menu items such as Jaliscos enchiladas with shrimp, crab, Oaxaca cheese and rajas and Mexican chocolate waffles for a single price (only available when ordered by everyone at the table). The brunch includes an unlimited selected of Michilada, Bloody Maria and seasonal Aqua Fresca cocktails. The special continues through Sunday. 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; seating for brunch ends at 2 p.m.; $25.
- H Street Country Club (1335 H St. NE) says its Cinco de Mayo Celebration is "more fun than a van full of cheerleaders. Enjoy $3 Coronas, $5 margaritas, $2 Tacos, plus mariachi music and tequila specials. Starts 11 a.m.; no cover.
- Nobody knows Mexico like Masa 14 (1825 14th St. NW) chef Richard Sandoval, who will honor his native country with five specialty margaritas including Modesta, mango, mixed berry, strawberry and tradicional. 5 p.m.-3 a.m. No cover charge for the bar or dining room; $5.
- Midtown (1219 Connecticut Ave. NW) promises no cover, no guest list, and three floors of fun. Get $5 Coronas all night long. 10 p.m.-3 a.m.; no cover.
- The Mighty Pint (1831 M St. NW) throws a Cinco de Mayo party! with $3 Coronas, $5 Cazadores Tequila Shots and $7 Coronitas all day until closing.
- Oyamel (401 7th St. NW ) celebrates with margaritas, tacos and live music. The bar opens at 10 a.m., with brunch starting at 11 a.m. Latin quintet Montuno will play a live set from 1 to 5 p.m. See menu specials here.
- Tattoo Bar (1413 K St. NW) throws a late-night bash with happy hour specials until 9 p.m. Music comes from El Diablo Benny C. Enjoy $3 Dos Equis, $4 margaritas, $5 sangrias and $20 premium open bar from 9 to 11 p.m. 18+ ladies; 21+ guys.
- Trucko de Mayo will herd together 40+ food trucks, live music, games, beer and more excitement in Lot 3 of RFK Stadium (2400 E. Capitol St. SE). 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; free admission.
- Town danceboutique (2009 8th St. NW) will have DJ Theresa spinning, with music and video by Wess downstairs. Get $3 rail drinks from 10 to 11 p.m.; with a drag show kicking off at 10:30 p.m. 10 p.m. doors; $8 cover before 11 p.m. and $12 after.
- Both locations of Tortilla Coast (1460 P St. NW) and (400 1st St. SE) will be pouring shots all day as a traditional mariachi band plays. 4-5 p.m.; no cover.
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters.