JOIN NBC4 AND APPLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION AND SUPPORT BACKPACKS 4 KIDS
Give needy students throughout the region the tools they need to succeed this school year!
We are collecting backpacks, supplies and credit card or check donations.
Here's how you can help:
- Donate school supplies, or a new backpack stuffed with school supplies:
On Tuesday, Aug. 21, NBC4's Angie Goff will be at the Apple FCU Kingstowne branch (6831 Sir Viceroy Drive, Alexandria, Va.) accepting donations from 6 a.m. to noon.
Before Monday, Aug. 20, you can drop off donations at other locations. For drop-off instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate money securely online at razoo.com/story/Backpacks-4-Kids with a debit or credit card.
- Send a check made out to Backpacks 4 Kids to:
Backpacks 4 Kids
4001 Nebraska Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Apple Federal Credit Union
Apple Federal Credit Union is an official sponsor of Backpacks 4 Kids! Donations can be made on their Facebook page or on-site at any of their locations in Northern Virginia. For a list of locations, click here.
School supplies needed per backpack:
- Two packs of looseleaf notebook paper
- Two dozen #2 pencils
- Two packages of cap erasers
- Three spiral composition books
- One yellow highlighter
- Eight plain folders with pockets and brads or loose leaf binder with dividers
- One package of 24 crayons and/or one package of colored pencils
- Small pencil or supply box or zippered supply pouch
- Two composition books
- Paper glue
- Box of Kleenex
- Two packs of copy (white) paper
- 12-inch ruler