Ask Liz: Pre-Printed Sports Gear
What do they do with all of the pre-printed gear made for the sports team that LOSES the championship? For example, the Superbowl - what happened to the all of that Steelers gear? The humanitarian organization World Vision helped us with this answer:
- For the past 15 years, the NFL has donated its pre-printed championship merchandise bearing the name of the team that does not win the title.
- All of this clothing goes to World Vision.
- World Vision then identifies countries in need overseas that will benefit from the gear….
- The clothing is shipped to those communities in need.
- This year’s unused Super Bowl merchandise resulted in about 100,000 articles of clothing going toward this good cause.
Check out more from Liz Crenshaw's Consumer Watch. Ask Liz a question by clicking here. You can also follow her on Twitter and Facebook.