Jobs at NBC4
Employment opportunities at News4
NBC4 is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Daily Hire NABET Engineer Photographer
Job Purpose: A Daily Hire NABET Engineer Photographer is responsible for covering local news for the DC Bureau by participating in the newsgathering and editorial process for stations owned by NBCUniversal. Responsibilities would include:
- Operate camera, sound, lighting and editing equipment to cover live and taped events
- Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel
- Interact with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room and acquisition personnel
- Minimum 2 years newsgathering experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in combination of shooting live events, editing on nonlinear systems and operating ENG live/microwave truck
- Ability to operate a live truck
- Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must be 18 years or greater.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong storytelling, editorial, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under extreme deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously shoot, edit and operate an ENG truck
- Satellite truck operation
- Portable microwave gear experience
- Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc)
If interested, please submit your resume to Meghan.Walko@nbcuni.com.
How To Apply for a Job at NBC4
To apply for a position with NBC Washington please submit your resume on www.nbcunicareers.com or fax your resume and cover letter to (202) 885-4913. Resumes can also be sent to:
4001 Nebraska Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20016
NBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organizations that distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers may request notices of new full-time vacancies at WRC-TV by completing the request form and mailing it to:
WRC-TV Human Resources
4001 Nebraska Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016
You can open and print that form by clicking here. Copies of the request form can also be obtained by calling 202-885-4057.
2013 Annual Public File EEO Report