Birthday Candle Explosion Injures 3

By Brandon Benavides
|  Thursday, Aug 18, 2011  |  Updated 9:02 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Birthday Candle Explosion Injures 3

Getty Images

advertisement

A 13-year-old girl and her parents were injured when fireworks got mixed in with birthday candles, causing a small explosion and fire, the Carroll County Times reported.

It happened Tuesday night at their home in Finksburg, Md.
 
The family was celebrating the 13-year-old's birthday when they lit the birthday candles.  Something exploded, causing a small fire in the dining room.
 
The family quickly put out the fire but they suffered minor burns.
 
Investigators are trying to figure out how the fireworks got in the mix.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out