Roads will be closed for the State of the Union address tonight.
The speech will take place at 9 p.m., but roads around the Capitol will shut down at 7 p.m.
Here are the roads U.S. Capitol Police say will be affected"
North Side of Capitol Square
• D Street NE between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
• C Street NE between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
• Constitution Avenue between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue NW
• Delaware Avenue between Columbus Circle and Constitution Avenue NE
• New Jersey Avenue NE between Louisiana Avenue and D Street NE
• Pennsylvania Avenue between 1st Street and 3rd Street NW
• East Capitol Street between 2nd Street and 1st Street NE/SE
• 1st Street between Columbus Circle NE and C Street SE
• 1st Street between Louisiana Avenue NW and Washington Avenue SW
South Side of Capitol Square
• Maryland Avenue SW between 1st Street and 3rd Street, SW
• Independence Avenue between 2nd Street SE and Washington Avenue SW
• C Street between 1st Street SE and Washington Avenue SW
• Delaware Avenue between Washington Avenue SW and C Street SW
• New Jersey Avenue between Independence Avenue and D Street SE
• South Capitol Street between Independence Avenue and D Street SE/SW
Motorists are urged to avoid the area Tuesday evening.
In addition to road traffic, river traffic will be limited starting at 4 p.m. until midnight. The Coast Guard will establish a security zone, to include the Potomac River south from the Francis Scott Key Bridge and the Anacostia River from the 11th Street Bridge to its confluence with the Potomac. The security zone will also include the Georgetown Channel Tidal Basin.