200 Guests Evacuated From Pa. Hotel for Possible Carbon Monoxide Inhalation | NBC4 Washington
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

200 Evacuated From Hotel for Possible Carbon Monoxide Inhalation



    Carbon Monoxide stock image

    Over 200 people have been evacuated from an eastern Pennsylvania hotel, and 20 to 25 are being treated at area hospitals for possible carbon monoxide inhalation.

    The evacuations took place Sunday at about 9 a.m. after a leak from a furnace was discovered at the Best Western Hotel on Tigue Street in Dunmore, the Scranton Times-Tribune reports.

    A Geisinger Community Medical Center spokeswoman says 20 people are being treated there. Geisinger spokeswoman Westyn Hinchey says emergency responders also evaluated people as they were being evacuated, and most did not require hospitalization.

    Dunmore Fire Chief Christopher DeNaples says the hotel will remain closed until further notice.

    A person who answered the phone at the Best Western Hotel declined to comment.