Woman Dies of Injuries From Prince George's County Fire

Monday, Oct 15, 2012  |  Updated 10:43 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Woman Dies of Injuries From Prince George's Fire

NBC Local Media

advertisement

A woman pulled from her burning home in Prince George's County over the weekend has died, authorities said.

The woman, who was not identified, died late Sunday. She had suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

The woman was found unconscious inside her burning two-story house on Peachleaf Court in Upper Marlboro. The fire broke out early Sunday morning, and investigators believe it was accidental, county fire department spokesman Mark Brady said. Improper use of an electrical device appears to be the cause.

Two other fires Sunday may have been linked to efforts to cope with the weekend's chilly weather, Brady said. It appears the initial use of a home furnace may have been connected to a fire in College Park, Brady said, and the use of a space heater may have led to another house fire in Brentwood.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out