Virginia Teacher Was Unaware Tea Was Poisoned With Hand Sanitizer

Friday, Mar 29, 2013  |  Updated 7:06 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Weird News Photos: Easter Egg Tree

Getty Images

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A Newport News middle school teacher said she had no idea two of her students were poisoning her tea by putting hand sanitizer in it.

The boys were charged with attempted poisoning earlier this month.

Hines Middle School teacher Jane Miller told WVEC-TV her stomach was bothering her, she was exhausted when she got home and that she had a low-grade temperature. She said two girls in her class told on the boys who were later charged in the case.

She said she doesn't know why the boys put the Germ X into her tea, but noted she teaches math review and that a lot of her students don't really want to be there.

The boys were placed on a long-term suspension before being reassigned to an alternative school.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out