A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition after being rescued from a house fire early Friday morning. Megan McGrath reports.
A candlelight vigil is planned to remember a 2-year-old District Heights girl who died after she was rescued from a townhouse fire.
Prince George's County fire officials say Mariah Kendra Hood died last month, two days after firefighters rescued her from a second-floor bedroom of a burning townhouse. Three adults and a 9-year-old boy were able to escape the blaze caused by unattended cooking.
The Rev. John E. Richardson will lead the Sunday evening vigil near the family home on Hil-Mar Drive. Several county public safety officials will attend the vigil, including Fire Chief Marc Bashoor.