Va. Boy Roasts Marshmallows, House

By Kathy Banks
|  Wednesday, Aug 25, 2010  |  Updated 8:30 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Va. Boy Roasts Marshmallows, House

Kitti, Shutterstock

Let’s hope he snacks on a bag of chips next time.

A 7-year-old boy almost burned the house down while roasting marshmallows Tuesday in Charlottesville, Va., the Daily Progress reported
 
The fire started in the pantry.
 
The boy’s grandmother apparently tried to use an extinguisher to put the fire out, but it wasn’t enough. The fire spread quickly through the kitchen then up to the attic.
 
Firefighters from eight departments responded to the blaze.
 
Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
NBC4's Camp4Kids
NBC4 launched Camp4Kids in 1993, in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out