Two Burned Working in Metro Garage

Tuesday, Aug 3, 2010  |  Updated 8:29 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
<a title=Jane Watrel reports that the maintenance workers were trying to fix an electrical panel at the time of the accident." />

Jane Watrel reports that the maintenance workers were trying to fix an electrical panel at the time of the accident.

advertisement

Two workers suffered electrical burns when the encountered a problem with electrical equipment in a utility room at the Anacostia Metro Station garage in Southeast, the Washington Examiner reported.

The workers with Metro's power department were making routine repairs when a circuit panel arced. They were taken to Washington Hospital Center with injuries that appear to be non-life-threatening.

The incident caused Metro to close the Howard Road entrance to the garage temporarily Tuesday afternoon.

The incident is under investigation.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out