Two-Alarm Townhouse Fire in Ashburn

Smoking materials sparked blaze in Loudoun Co.

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK

    Improperly tossed-out smoking materials sparked a two-alarm fire in Loudoun County, investigators said.

    The blaze broke out around 5:30 a.m. Monday at a townhouse on Spice Bush Terrace in Ashburn, Va.

    When firefighters got to the scene, they found heavy smoke coming from a rear middle unit. The fire spread quickly through the third floor and to the roof.

    All the residents got out safely, but families in two separate units will have to find somewhere else to stay.

    Officials say the fire originated on the deck of the middle unit. The fire caused an estimated $225,000 in damage.