Toddler Rescued from District Heights Fire Dies

2-year-old unconscious when rescued from fire

Monday, Feb 20, 2012  |  Updated 10:21 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Toddler Rescued from District Heights Fire Dies

NBC Local Media

advertisement

A girl pulled from the flames of a February 17 fire died of her injuries on Sunday.

Prince George's County firefighters responded to the fire at 1:45 a.m., on Hil-Mar Drive in District Heights.

Three adults and one child were able to escape before fire fighters arrived, but a two-year-old girl, Mariah Kendra Hood, was trapped inside.

The girl was unconscious when rescuers got her out of the burning home.  CPR was administered at the scene, and the girl was transported to Childrens Hospital in critical condition.

Hood passed away Sunday afternoon.

Fire investigators said the fire in the 2-story duplex home started from unattended cooking, and has been deemed accidental.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out